Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Going, Going, Gone! I Got LOST


As most of you know, I have been following, supporting and covering the Writer's Strike since the beginning. Because to be perfectly honest, this blog wouldn't exist if it weren't for the talented people at every level who are responsible for entertaining me; writers, directors, actors, crew, etc. And now most of them are out of work. So I decided to put my money where my mouth is.

Instead of upgrading my grandfather of an iPod, I bid on and won a complete set of Lost Season 1 trading cards in the Fans4Writers Silent Auction. While I have never been a card collector per se, 100% of the proceeds from this item go directly to the Writers Guild Foundation Industry Support Fund. And not only is the entire box set still shrinkwrapped, it will be personalized to me, with autographs from Lost creator J.J. Abrams and writers/producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof. So how on earth could I pass that up?!

By the way, what do you think of this new location and design? I have a poll up, but I'd love to read your comments as well.

Huge thanks to my friend Nick, who was kind enough to design the new logo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new site looks good.

I notice that you're practically starting over. However, I wonder if Blogspot has a way of importing all of your old blog entries. I'm pretty sure Wordpress does.

Even if Blogspot has import capability, the source might have to be of a particular blog host.